Production Company: The National Drama Association of Trinidad and Tobago
Seeking: M/F Actors, 23 – 40 y/o (See Character Breakdown)
For: Annual New Play Festival
Title: Tabanca ( Dramatic Reading via Zoom )
Play Synopsis: Tabanca takes place in a uniquely Trinidadian situation, a steelpan yard just before Panorama. It explores themes of love, betrayal, drug addiction and faith. Who do you trust? Who cares about you? Can people really change?
- Marcus – Late 20s – Early 30s: Captain of the Band. Stern, In a relationship with Lorraine, but devoted to pan.
- Sticks – Early – Mid 20s: Band Member, Mischievous, likes to ‘push talk’
- Gary – Mid – Late 20s: Ex-addict, but still destitute. Looking to turn his life around. Crackshot pan player, Former Band Member
- Bongo – 30s: Drummer of the Band. Patient, Loyal, a Good Friend.
- Lorraine – Mid 20s – Early 30s: Curvaceous, ‘traditional woman’.
- Betty – Mid 20s – Early 30s: Marcus’ old girlfriend. Doesn’t care from him much anymore. Refused to play second fiddle to pan in her former relationship with Marcus
Application Format: Online Submission
Deadline: Monday 23rd August 2021 | 4:00PM
Preparation: Interested persons are asked to submit ONE (1) CLOSE UP and ONE (1) FULL-LENGTH photo of themselves (No hats or sunglasses. You face must be clearly visible), along with the following info:
- Contact number
- Email Address
- Talent Resume (if you have one)
- Performance Reel (if you have one)
Playwright: Judith Theodore
Director: Murtuza Khetty
Casting Director: Triston Wallace
Festival Coordinator: Safa Niamat-Ali
- Zoom Auditions: Tuesday 24th August, 2021 | 7PM – 10PM
- Zoom Rehearsal: Date and Time TBD (only 4 – 5 rehearsal sessions)
- Zoom Dramatic Reading: Thursday 2nd September, 2021 | 7PM
Additional Information: Actors cast for this dramatic reading will assist the playwright in developing her work further, to be considered for final presentation at the Annual New Play Festival (NPF) in November.
Participation in the Dramatic Reading will be voluntary. Compensation will be offered for the November performances, should this play be selected for advancement in the festival.
This casting notice was submitted by: Triston Wallace