Production Company: The National Drama Association of Trinidad and Tobago
Seeking: M/F Actors, 14 – 50 y/o (See Character Breakdown)
For: Annual New Play Festival
Title: Iere ( Dramatic Reading via Zoom )
Play Synopsis: With his parents recently divorced, all Trey wants to do is go back to the way life was. Little did he know, he would find his answer in a very unlikely place; IERE. With folklore creatures guiding him, in this coming-of-age story, Trey must navigate through a foreign world as he comes to learn who he is, and the dark realities of the past he wants to escape to.
- TREY – 14 -18 y/o. Creative and inventive mind, who has a close relationship with his father.
- MIGUEL – Mid 30s – 40s. Trey’s father. Has a strained relationship with Trey’s mother, and wants to make it right.
- GARY – 40s. Head jailer in IERE. Reserved and calm with a sense of morality.
- PAPA BOIS – Late 20s – 40s. Friendly, upbeat and paternal (like a cool uncle)
- NANCY- 40s. Trey’s mother. In the process of divorcing her husband, and harbours negative feelings towards him.
- LESLIE – Mid 20s -30s. Miguel’s side woman. Femme fatale, manipulative and driven. She acts as a bridge between the physical and the spirit world.
- HIGH CHIEF – 30s and Older. Ruler of IERE. Has a grand regal presence, not inherently imposing but could become so.
Application Format: Virtual Audition (Sign up required)
Date: Wednesday 25th August 2021
- Sign Up Deadline: 5PM
- Virtual Audition: 7:00PM – 9PM
The auditions will take the form of a virtual ‘Table Read’ via Zoom.
Preparation: Interested persons are asked to submit ONE (1) CLOSE UP and ONE (1) FULL-LENGTH photo of themselves (No hats or sunglasses. You face must be clearly visible), along with the following info:
- Contact number
- Email Address
- Talent Resume (if you have one)
- Performance Reel (if you have one)
Once you complete your online application, you will receive a response with the link to the Zoom meeting. Further instructions will be given at the audition.
Playwright: Joel Phillip
Director: Jeanelle Archer
Casting Director: Triston Wallace
Festival Coordinator: Safa Niamat-Ali
- Zoom Rehearsals: TBD (4 – 5 Rehearsals)
- Performance Begins: Thursday 2nd September, 2021 | 6PM
Additional Information: Actors cast for this dramatic reading will assist the playwright in developing her work further, to be considered for final presentation at the Annual New Play Festival (NPF) in November.
Participation in the Dramatic Reading will be voluntary. Compensation will be offered for the November performances, should this play be selected for advancement in the festival.
This casting notice was submitted by: Triston Wallace