Production Company: Native Caribbean Foundation
Seeking: M/F Actors, Singers, 7 – 19 y/o (See Character Breakdown)
For: Live Performance | Musical Theatre
Title: Rockin’ Robin Hood
Synopsis: Told as an origin story, we begin in a happier time when Nottingham is wealthy and prosperous. A young orphan Robin and his twin sister Hazel arrive with big hopes to open an archery shop, but immediately run into trouble. King Richard has recently left for the Crusades, so the rotten Sheriff of Nottingham and his avaricious fiancé, Lady Blackwood, seize the opportunity to tax the town blind.
Loaded with action, chase scenes, prison breaks, and an archery tournament it blends medieval ditties into upbeat rhythms and tempos, perfectly capturing the timeless spirit of our outlaw hero Robin Hood!
- ROBIN: Male, 7 – 15 y/o. An idealistic young man who grows to be a hero. Always concerned about the well-being of others and places others needs before his. His friends are his family. Is wise beyond his years.
- SHERRIF: Male, Mid – late teens. The middle man between the monarchy and the people of the town. Inherently abusive and deceitful. Relentlessly taxes everyone because more wealth means more power for him and his ultimate goal is to be King. The only person that terrifies and is able to control him is his wife Lady Blackwood because she is even more maniacal than he is.
- MARIAN: Female, 7 – 15 y/o. Daughter of the Sheriff. Sheriff’s obedient servant. One of his top spies. Obedient to her father at first, assumes that he is doing the duty of the land and eventually comes to the realization that he has been abusing his power for his own gain.
- LADY BLACKWOOD: Female, Mid – late teens. One of the most influential women in society. Her goal by the end of the story is to be the most wealthy and powerful. Is rather manipulative especially when it comes to the Sheriff (her husband) where she uses him to advance herself. Is very blunt and calculating and does not leave room for error.
CASTING NOTES: No previous experience is required. All are welcomed. While you may audition for one of the above roles, there are many more roles within the production in which you can be cast.
Application Format: Online Submission
Deadline: Wednesday 31st August 2022 | 11:50 PM
Extended Deadline: Sunday 4th September 2022 | 11:50 PM
Preparation: Interested persons are required to submit TWO (2) Self-Tape Audition Videos, one for singing and the other for acting. PLEASE READ the Video Submission Guidelines below before you begin recording.
CLICK HERE for Video Submission Guidelines
For the Singing Audition, please record yourself performing a song of your choice (one verse and chorus ONLY). Songs should be performed acapella/with no backing track.
For the Acting Audition, please select from the SIDES (audition scripts) below, and record yourself performing the role you think you are best suited for. For other characters in the scene, you can get someone to read the lines to you, however they must not be in the camera shot or too distracting to your performance.
NOTE: Applicants can read from their device or print out the lines, there is no need to memorize the lines for the acting audition.
ROBBIN AUDITION SIDES (Male, 7 – 15 y/o)
SHERRIF AUDITION SIDES (Male, Mid – late teens)
MARIAN AUDITION SIDES (Female, 7 – 15 y/o)
LADY BLACKWOOD AUDITION SIDES (Female, Mid – late teens)
Interested persons are also asked to submit ONE (1) CLOSE UP and ONE (1) FULL-LENGTH photo of themselves (No hats, sunglasses, masks or filters. You face must be clearly visible), along with the following information
- Contact number
- Email Address
- Parent/Guardian Contact Info
- Talent Resume (if you have one)
Director: Jelani Corbie
Choreographer: Triston Wallace
Musical Director: Christopher Sookhoo
Stage Manager: Sydney Darius
Performance Begins: November, 2022/ February 2023
Venue: Naparima Bowl/Queen’s Hall
Benefit to Participants: The production is supported by the Ministry of Education. Participants gain training and experience in music, dance and acting during rehearsal process, along with building networks and connections during the production. Documentation of participation is provided to cast members for further use in their resumes.
This casting notice was submitted by: Sydney Darius