Host: Dream Maker Studios Ltd.
Presents: Creative Entrepreneurship Club
Discipline: Creative Business | Entrepreneurship
Skill Level: Beginners
Learn to develop your creative business while overcoming emotional & psychological blockages to your success. This 7 session group coaching small group will provide the following benefits:
- Interactive sessions with group coaching
- Guidance to use your current skills to earn additional income.
- Gain practical knowledge to start your business
- Grow your creative confidence
- Create original business concepts
- Gain new connections
- Be part of a supportive community of like minded persons
- How to find your Sweet Spot
- Introduction to Business Planning for Creative Entrepreneurs
- How to be a Creative Technologist
- Finance – Strategies for pricing/costing your product / service
- Q&A / Discussions: Solving Everyday Business Problems
Duration: 22nd October – 3rd December 2022
Days | Times: Saturdays | 10:00AM – 11:30AM
Location: Online [Microsoft Teams]
Preparation for this Workshop. Participants must have/prepare the following:
- An idea for a Creative Business
- A laptop or Device with a web camera
- Sign up for a free Microsoft Teams Account
- Have a stable internet connection
- Have an understanding of computer literacy
- Have a solid understanding of the English Language
Facilitator #1: Kyron Jeffers
Kyron holds a Master of Arts degree in Creative Design Entrepreneurship from the University of the West Indies and a Bachelor of Arts in Media from the University of Greenwich, in the United Kingdom.
He is the director of Dream Maker Studios Ltd, a creative design & media production company launched in 2018. Some of his clients include the Ministry of Planning and Sustainable Development, United Way, Detour Stores, the Radissoon and the University of the West Indies to name a few.
Dream Maker Studios has formed strategic partnerships in the area of film and television production with stakeholders such as FilmTT and Trinidad and Tobago Television (TTT) in relation to the short films “Skyglow,” and “The Blind Way Forward.”
Kyron is avidly involved in STREAM (Science, Technology, Research, Engineering, Art and Math) education outreach at a national level and continues to pursue his passion to empower others to fulfill their creative dreams.
Facilitator #2: Shawn Melville
Shawn Melville is the Managing Director of Ipsum Technologies. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Master’s degree in Renewable Energy Technology, both obtained from the University of the West Indies. He has won awards for social innovation and entrepreneurship through his participation in several local and regional competitions.
In 2018, he was awarded winner of Category I at the ITU’s Accessible Americas V Conference for the idea MobiAssist which is an assistive device to aid visually impaired persons while navigating. In addition, he collaborated and developed a comprehensive guide entitled, “Blind Way Forward”, to help persons living with visual impairment. On May 17th 2019, he received another award from the Caribbean Development Bank and Orbit Innovation for developing Empowered – a virtual platform which allows persons with disabilities to provide their services and products to employers and business from the comfort of their homes.
Cost: $500 TTD or USD$75 (One time payment)
- Registration Begins: 26th September, 2022 | 12:01 AM
- Deadline: 16th October, 2022 | 12:01 AM
Additional Information: Space is limited! You are encouraged to sign up early and complete their registration in order to secure their spot.
Workshop details submitted by: Kyron Jeffers