Employer: Tobago Performing Arts Company
Job Title: Communication/Marketing Officer
Employment Status: Full Time (Contract)
The incumbent will be responsible for Tobago Performing Arts Company’s Communication/ Marketing implementation of marketing campaigns, media interface, social media coordination, content development and stakeholder engagements, including internal & external media houses, journalists, suppliers and the community. The incumbent will coordinate under the supervision of the Senior Corporate Communications Officer on tasks and use written and verbal skills to create a wide range of products and relevant TPAC communication/marketing/ branding material.
REPORTS TO: Senior Corporate Communications Officer
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: Staff as required
RELATED: TPAC is HIRING! CLICK HERE to view the job description for each position
- Coordinating and operationalizing TPAC’s strategic Communication and Marketing plan.
- Producing and managing material for social networking websites i.e. Facebook, Instagram and other social networking websites.
- Implementing and consolidating strong media ties to confirm widespread outreach to the public and business partners.
- Undertaking the drafting and development of all content for internal and external communication, including virtual space.
- Coordinating virtual communications.
- Developing content for the print, virtual and broadcast media.
- Monitoring TPAC’s corporate website and social media pages and address stakeholder’ queries.
- Networking with industry experts and potential clients to drive brand awareness.
- Projecting manage communications outputs as required (liaising with graphic designers, video editors etc.)
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of our digital presence.
- Identifying digital trends and evaluating emerging technologies wherever possible.
- Supporting the communications and marketing team in all aspects of the team’s work as required.
- Engaging with other corporate entities via social media to build relationships and increase brand awareness.
- Supporting the team with brand feedback and brand support for the Company’s website.
- Working with the marketing team for the roll out an execution of marketing campaigns, production and projects.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in digital marketing, communications research, planning and strategy, and the role of mass media.
- Knowledge of media issues, social marketing theory and practice, communications strategies and implementation and behavioural sciences.
- Knowledge of marketing, public relations, advertising, promotion and other communications methods.
- Knowledge of modern techniques of news gathering and release.
- Knowledge of Video Production.
- Knowledge of modern techniques of news gathering/event management.
- Knowledge of protocol procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of PC literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Adobe, Publisher, Illustrator).
- Good understanding of social media publishing and promotion.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results under tight timelines.
- Must be able to effectively manage several projects concurrently and with high impact energy.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, and possess the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Must be experienced in developing and making presentations, communications and multimedia content.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- Minimum of three (3) years in Corporate Communications, Public Relations, including social media marketing, web design and development preferably in the Public Sector.
- Training as evidence by a recognised University Degree in Communications Studies or a related discipline.
- Professional Certification in Digital/Social Media Marketing will be considered an asset.
Compensation: Standard with Government rate
How to Apply:
To be considered, interested persons are required to submit the following:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address (the one you check often)
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Relevant Academic Documents (Please upload all documents into one file)
Deadline: Monday 9th January, 2022 | 4PM
Commitment: Long Term Engagement (3 years in the first instance)
This vacancy was submitted by: Kifaaya James