Employer: Tobago Performing Arts Company
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Employment Status: Full Time (Contract)
The incumbent is required to procure the supplies, equipment, materials and services (including consulting services) required by the Tobago Performing Arts Company Limited, ensuring compliance with applicable procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Duties include forecasting the procurement needs; performing pre-qualification studies; preparing tender documents; issuing responses to bids; evaluating the performance of contractors (includes suppliers, vendors consultants); maintaining records of procurement transactions and providing information on procurement costs to be used in budget development.
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: Staff as required
RELATED: TPAC is HIRING! CLICK HERE to view the job description for each position
- Procures supplies, materials, equipment and services for the TPAC in keeping with established procurement rules and procedures.
- Evaluates or assists in the evaluation of submissions i.e. quotations or proposals or tenders against identified selection criteria towards the award of contracts or the purchase of goods and services.
- Establishes, implements and maintains a contractor performance management system to assess indicators such as capability, quality and delivery.
- Obtains, where applicable, the necessary approvals to incur expenditure for the purchase of supplies, equipment, materials, services and other related procurement transactions.
- Forecasts procurement needs for supplies, equipment, materials and services by conferring with Management and other relevant staff to ascertain their requirements.
- Provides information on the costs of supplies, equipment, materials and other services to be used in budget proposals.
- Maintains a record of all supplies, equipment, materials and services procured by the company.
- Inspects items delivered to ensure that quantity and quality standards and other specifications set are complied with; also maintains appropriate records.
- Assists in developing, implementing and monitoring the procurement plan/ programme/procedures and tools in keeping with existing policy guidelines, to achieve best cost and flexibility in the context of changing trends in supplier and contract bases.
- Represents the TPAC at meetings and other fora on procurement matters as required by the company.
- Assists in developing the department’s budget in accordance with strategic and operational plans.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and all other documents on procurement matters.
- Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Considerable knowledge of the relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures governing the procurement of supplies, equipment, materials and services in the Public Service.
- Considerable knowledge of procurement methods and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of government’s tendering procedures.
- Knowledge of the procurement policies and procedures of international lending agencies.
- Knowledge of the sources of supplies, equipment, materials and services, their availability and market prices and trends.
- Knowledge of stores management and inventory control.
- Some knowledge of the principles and practices of Project Management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in the use of personal computers.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations and procedures pertaining to procurement in the Public Service and international lending agencies
- Ability to research the marketplace for new products, sources of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Ability to prepare tender documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with contracted providers of goods and services.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing procurement duties.
- Training as evidenced by a Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences such as Business Administration, Project Management or related field from a recognized University.
- Training as evidenced by the possession of a Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Advanced Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) Certified Professional in Supply Management
Compensation: Standard with Government rate
How to Apply:
To be considered, interested persons are required to submit the following:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address (the one you check often)
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Relevant Academic Documents (Please upload all documents into one file)
Deadline: Monday 9th January, 2022 | 4PM
Commitment: Long Term Engagement (3 years in the first instance)
This vacancy was submitted by: Kifaaya James