Employer: Tobago Performing Arts Company
Job Title: Resident Dancers
Employment Status: Full Time (Contract)
The incumbent is required to engage in the training and development, outreach, and performance work of the TPAC and all other duties relevant to the position; develop technical skills and artistic competencies through elements of dance education and complimentary performing arts training through an interdisciplinary approach.
REPORTS TO: Movement and Dance Coordinator
RELATED: TPAC is HIRING! CLICK HERE to view the job description for each position
- Maintains the health and safety of others, which requires knowledge, application and
observation of physiology and anatomy.
- Engages in weekly training programs as well as rehearsals in preparation for
- Performs for live audiences and for television and film productions.
- Engages in the creation of dance and movement works.
- Discusses and interprets choreography.
- Identifies and develops a secondary skill within the TPAC such as: acting, singing, or
playing an instrument.
- Undertakes company promotional activities and special projects.
- Provides technical and artistic support to stakeholders.
- Attends ongoing training sessions, laboratories, workshops, and clinics
- Reflects on and evaluate their work and the work of others
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the artistry and aesthetics of dance and
- Proficiency in the awareness of the local and national cultural
forms and festivals; identifies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to align the TPAC’s purpose, mission and vision to practice as a performing artist
- Ability to use experience within the performing arts; performance history, choreographic works, prizes and awards, in order to contribute to performing arts
- Ability to use knowledge and understanding of the dance genre; business for dance with the importance of training and development in various aspects of the field/industry.
- Ability to articulate on local cultural forms, local and national festivals and the importance of cultural and performing arts development.
- Ability to developing artistic and technical skills
- Ability to develop and maintain discipline within a professional, creative working environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- A Bachelor of Arts Degree in Dance or related discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) years progressive and consistent performance experience and training in traditional folk and contemporary dance.
- A combination of qualifications and training will be considered.
Compensation: Standard with Government rate
How to Apply:
To be considered, interested persons are required to submit the following:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address (the one you check often)
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Relevant Academic Documents (Please upload all documents into one file)
Deadline: Monday 9th January, 2022 | 4PM
Commitment: Long Term Engagement (3 years in the first instance)
This vacancy was submitted by: Kifaaya James