Employer: Tobago Performing Arts Company
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Employment Status: Full Time (Contract)
The incumbent is required to perform professional work involving the support the Human Resource Management (HRM) activities in the various functional areas of HRM in a Tobago Performing Arts Company (TPAC). Work includes providing support through planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the Tobago Performing Arts Company Limited’s Human Resource procedures, programmes and plans.
RELATED: TPAC is HIRING! CLICK HERE to view the job description for each position
- Assists with day to day operations of the HR functions/duties.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the HR Lead.
- Prepares and compiles information for HR reports and spreadsheets.
- Coordinates HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and take minutes where necessary.
- Monitors and reconciles attendance and time keeping data and records.
- Assist in managing disciplinary matters in investigating, recommending/executing appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
- Updates and maintains physical HR and HR information systems files.
- Performs file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Processes documents related to the various benefit such a vacation leave, personal leave, sick leave and gratuity payments.
- Assist in administration of the performance management system, including ensuring and providing guidance on the development of probationary plans and performance improvement plans as well as delivering training to end users.
- Assists with conducting market research in preparation for salary reviews to ensure that the organization has a competitive compensation package.
- Assist in the administration of all HR programs such as Reward and Recognition, Employee Wellness, etc
- Assist in developing and executing training and need assessment plans.
- Assist in the coordinating of the recruitment, selection and placement process and employee orientation for the organization.
- Assist in developing the annual departmental budget and assist with the monthly review of actual vs budget analysis and makes recommendation for improving efficiency.
- Performs any other related duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of HRM.
- Knowledge of research methodologies, principles and techniques.
- Some knowledge of Public Service legislation, rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- General knowledge of national labour laws and regulations; collective agreements and policies in respect of contracted employees,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to use the internet and other resources for research purposes
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee satisfaction, performance and retention
- Ability to multi-task, plan and organize and prioritize and make effective
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative in pursuing departmental activities
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise/lead a group of professional and other support staff engaged in HRM activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare reports and policy briefs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, other public service employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations, Management or equivalent level of qualification from a recognized tertiary institution.
- A minimum of four (4) years working experience in a Human Resource environment preferably in the Public Sector.
Compensation: Standard with Government rate
How to Apply:
To be considered, interested persons are required to submit the following:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address (the one you check often)
- Cover Letter & Resume
- Relevant Academic Documents (Please upload all documents into one file)
Deadline: Monday 9th January, 2022 | 4PM
Commitment: Long Term Engagement (3 years in the first instance)
This vacancy was submitted by: Kifaaya James